This months upcycle challenge was a silver metal frame. I covered it with alcohol inks to start with, using wild plum and eggplant. I was also sent a set of butterfly stamps, which I used on shrink plastic - I stamped it on with Versafine ink and then added a couple of layers of clear embossing powder (Versafine doesn't dry on sp, so you need some kind of protective coating, but I like it cos it's so good for detailed images) While they were cooling I bent them slightly to look like they were in flight. These were then stuck on to the frame.
I curled some black craft wire to make antennae and stuck these on the back of the butterflies, which were then added to the frame. The picture is a watercoloured background with a butterfly stamped and silver embossed; then I stamped a butterfly on a piece of card and watercoloured it. I added antennae as before and then positioned it over the the embossed image for a 3d effect. I think it needs something else, but I'm not sure what yet, watch this space!!
All items available from The Altered Element, where there is a World Cup promotion at the moment - You get 10% off your shopping total for the duration of each of England's scheduled matches