16 Dec 2018

And so on

Nov 20
Bit of a rainy day. But awesome to watch the rain from my balcony. I had a very chilled day, catching up with my journal, sticking stuff in, and reading my book. I managed to sunbathe for an hour or so in between showers, but, crikey, you need to be dedicated, it's so flipping hot! When the rain stopped again I walked to the nearby Wangsai Waterfall. It was pretty quiet, tourist wise, but I sat in the bar and had an iced Thai tea, whilst watching more rain.











There is an amazing tree house overlooking the waterfall

Later on I walked down to the village, and checked out the restaurants.
And I am currently in Roots restaurant awaiting dinner. They have wine!! Sorted :)
 





Loved this place. Would defo like to come back one day


Nov 21st
It's my last chill day on Koh Phangan. The sun made an appearance so I managed to do about half  and hours work on my tan, but it defeated me again. So I retired to the deep shade of the outside bar and indulged in yet another Thai iced tea. Can't work out what it tastes of really, sort of vanilla or chocolate or caramel....whatever, bung in some 9naughty) condensed milk, and a bucketfuk of ice, and it is heavenly!
Packing didn't take too long really, but the Bear Backpack is pretty full up. Ellie's bag is at least twice as big, I have no idea how she copes with it, it takes the two of them to get it on her back!
Amy had the right idea really, woth a smaller bag, but next time I do this, I'm bringing a nice hard suitcase with wheels.
Went out to dinner with Ellie and Will and some of their friends, to an Italian restaurant. The ravoili was lovely, but they didn't have garlic bread! What kind if Italian restaurant doesn't have garlic bread?? It doesn't help, I suppose,  that most of the bread you buy here is of the white plastic variety....
Ellie and Will buy sweet potato puffs at the Night Market

Jet and Ellie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello (Hurray) peeps, leave me a note, a comment or just say hi! Thanks :)