29 Nov 2018


Nov14
I miscalculated slightly when booking things, so I have an extra day here in Chiang Mai, and then I fly/bus/ferry out to Koh Phangan on Thurs. So looking forward to meeting up with Ellie. <3

This means that I don't have to get up early today! I forgot to turn the 7am alarm off unfortunately, but I went right back to sleep until 11am, which means I missed my included breakfast again. But when I got downstairs, muttering, 'toast, toast', the lovely lady running the hostel took pity on me, and rustled up a late breakfast. Fried egg, frankfurter, lettuce (?), and toast. Well, I say toast, but it was actually barely warmed white bread. Never mind, as soon as it was smeared with Marmite, it was perfectly acceptable.

I decided to make for the touristy but interesting-sounding Night Bazaar. This is about a walk of 12 mins, but I managed to drag it out to about 5 hours, by stopping in shops, coffee bars, and many temples on the way.











Second breakfast was much nicer than the first, consisting as it did of a large plate of fruit, without any extra sugar on it, and a proper iced Thai lemon tea, also without sugar, which was absolutely delicious. They even had some very cute kittens, wandering about and attacking my feet, as they do.





Many shops later, having replaced my ripped up shorts, purchased the obligatory Elephant trousers, along with a few other elephant related things, I stumbled on a beautiful little  hotel, where I managed to get hold of a cheese salad sarni with chips. Absolute heaven, I am so missing cheese! And yet more lemon tea.


I eventually arrived at the night bazaar, where everybody was laying out all their stuff, most of it pretty similar to everybody else's stuff really. As I am already overloaded, I quelled the urge to buy more things, and settled on a henna tattoo, another iced Thai tea in Starbucks, and a couple of massages. At £2 for 30 min back, head and shoulder massage, it would be criminal not to. And after that, I felt that it was only right to indulge in another wonderful foot massage, for the same excellent value. If it was this cheap at home, I'd have one every day.





Decided to have an early night in preparation for tomorrow's trip to Koh Phangan, so I went to bed at about 8.30. 
But could I sleep, no, I bloody couldn't. Got up and ate my snacks for tomorrow at about 11......Then, more trying to sleep, eventually got off about 2. And had to get up at 6.30am.  Ho hum, gonna miss Chiang Mai, I love it. Definitely coming back here one day.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog Penny. Do you bash all this out on your phone or via pc's in the hostels ? I want to go from Cambodia to Indonesia. Bloody grim here !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave. I did use my phone to do a couple of posts. And I wrote things up as I went along. Plus it has a fab camera, so all my pics are already on there.
      Cambodia was great! Most hostels have wifi, or you can find a bar/restaurant otherwise.
      Back now, it's been a week, and you're right, it's grim! I want to do Vietnam next. Just gotta convince hubby.......;)

      Delete

Hello (Hurray) peeps, leave me a note, a comment or just say hi! Thanks :)