Jul 3, 2010
More Altered Elements
I'm still enjoying playing the 'surfaces' pack from Altered Elements - we received lots of different bits and pieces and I decorated a mirror with some of them. It's one of those cheapy wooden ones from Ikea, so I painted it with gesso first, and let that dry. The previous month's pack contained a stencil, which I loved, so I sponged through it with Victorian Velvet Distress ink, and then clear embossed it. Sponging Dusty Concord over the top gives a lovely soft image.
Some other bits I got included glass tiles, some of which I covered with Cosmic Shimmer Utee and alcohol ink , others I ironed on Fantasy Film, and then stuck bits of wire on the back.
Then there was the chipboard squares, these were silver embossed and then I added a tiny piece of Fantasy Film to each whilst heating. The small canvases were inked and embossed, and stamped into, and the butterflies were stamped onto metal, cut out and alcohol inked.
The eagle eyed among you will also notice Stampbord, which was inked stamped and embossed around its edges., and the flowers, which were a whole project in themselves.
They're made from yet more Fantasy film, (which I spent about a week playing with!), finally deciding to iron between two sheets of non stick craft sheet. This makes it go very thin, a bit holey, and a wonderful colour! I then die cut it with my new Tattered Florals die from you know who, and layered them up to make yummy shimmery flowers.
Still got the tyvek, shrink plastic, and calico, not to mention the rusting powder (already spent a week on that one.) More coming soon!