Sep 22, 2008

Collage Workshop

I ran a collage workshop at The Stamp Bug today, and we made a hanging thingy. Thanks to Helen and Pippa, who came along and seemed to enjoy themselves. I've done the collage workshop before but I made some new things for this one - it's difficult to get excited about making something you've done 50 times already!


We made a collage sheet by gluing lots of scraps on to a piece of plain paper, and then punched the flowers out of it - you can then use them on card/tags/whatever. These also use paint dabbers, which I can't seem to stop using atm.... The photo was cut from a collage image page, but it would be cool to use a photo of your nearest and dearest. I'm really pleased with the way these turned out.



The tag uses a piece of mica - this stuff has been around for ages, but I love the way you can peel it apart and sandwich stuff inside it. It's easy to emboss on, too.

6 comments:

  1. looks great Penny and lots of lovely rich embossing

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, love all the detail and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pieces Pen - especially the tag I love Mica but can never figure out how to use it - yours looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hanging thingys Penny and lovely tag too - perhaps I should dig out my bits of Mica
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like embossoing is getting more and more popular - I've also tried that recenty:)
    great works!

    ReplyDelete

Hello (Hurray) peeps, leave me a note, a comment or just say hi! Thanks :)